my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cheap Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts!

It is so hot here, I can not stop thinking about cold weather!! ....Now when I say cold, I don't really mean cold- just not 120 degrees.
Preparedness and food storage take money, and we all know it is nice to save it when you can.
I found some cool ideas and new blogs that I wanted to share with you.
Good thing my dad does not read my blog- because this is what he will be getting for Christmas. Go here for a do it your self spiced mixed nuts recipe.
Spiced Mixed Nuts

One new blog I really like for crafts is notmarth.org She has some really cool do it your self projects. If you click on the link that says tutorials and projects you will her cute ideas.
One idea I am going to do, and I do not think I can wait till Christmas.... I might do this tonight is cobbler baked in jars.

 Here is the link for them- they look delish, and so cute as a gift.
Something else from notmartha are these cute magnets.


 Here is the link for the magnets, the only thing I would do differently is use modge-podge, and not a craft glue.
This one fits my fancy in so many ways. It is a Secret Hollow book and here is the link. You could hide so many great things in there!!! My mind is spinning with things to hide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment