my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Monday, March 28, 2011

the sky is falling?

What do you do when you get some money for cutting and coloring your sister-in-laws hair?
(love ya Amber)
 Do you get a pedicure? Nope.
 Do you go out to eat? Nah.
 Buy some food to store? You could.
 But I went to Goodwill on the 50% off day, and got some clothes for the kids. Not clothes that will fit them now, but years from now. Cotton prices have gone up significantly, and I want to store them just a few essentials for the years to come. A few jeans, shorts, shirts (long and short sleeve) church clothes, and shoes.
Okay- I am a bit of a chicken little personality (I admit that) but I do think this is important.
My point is: if you see a garage sale that is priced well, a good thrift store price, friends that want to give you clothes, or free clothes on Cragislist. Get them! Just a few and store them. I am putting mine in space bags, but you could box them, or stick them in a plastic tub them if you wanted.
I spent 47 dollars and got for my son 6 pants, 1 pair of shorts, 1 jacket, 3 t-shirts and 4 long sleeve shirts.
For my little girl 2 dresses, 8 pair of pants, and one shirt.
I also got a couple of things they can wear now that I liked.  For 47dollars! BAM!
                                         I love that 50 % off day, otherwise they are too expensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment