my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

and there was light.

A little while ago I was reading Kellene Bishop at http://www.preparednesspro.com/blog/   (She is amazing by the way)  and she had the idea to use solar lights in case of a power outage. LIGHT BULB! How stinkin smart is that? I wish I had thought if this- if I had, I would brag about it. Allot.
So, I went to china mart and got some. Funny- as I was picking them out I struck up a conversation with a gentlemen there. He was getting some lights too and said he was going to accentuate his trees in the back yard. I took a deep breath and told him I want them for a survivalist situation, and if the power ever goes out (especially for a long period of time) I will not have to worry about batteries, candles etc. He looked at me like I was a crazy cat lady, and said "With my cell phone, and the light from the monitor on the computer, I can see just fine in my house."
@#$%^$%^????? WHAT????? I couldn't help myself and grabbed him by the shirt and started to shake him. I said "Hey, normalcy bias, do you even hear yourself? Those things run on electricity, or have you not ever had a power outage in you 60 some od years of life!!!" ...Okay- I didn't say that, but I wanted to. What is with people? I used to think the normalcy bias thing was stupid- but now I totally believe in it. 
 I put the lights to the test and it totally worked. I am excited about not having to mess with candles if I don't have to. The stink- the fire. I am in love with my solar lights. Thank you Kellene!

No comments:

Post a Comment