my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Back to reality

We just got back from Disney Land, and it is now back to reality. This is my little guy strolling through like he owns the place. I had so much fun, and enjoyed turning off my chicken little brain for a while. But now that I am back- the chicken little hat has gone back on... and I thought this recipe for home made hand sanitizer was cool. You must know I am anti- hand sanitizer but I do think that it in an emergency situation it is useful.
While on this trip I was telling a family member how I feel the sun gets a bad rap- we blame so many things on it, and all it does is give us life and vitamin D. I think sun spots, and skin cancers are caused by toxins in your liver, and not sun exposure.
After I finished my controversial thought I swallowed the last bight of a cupcake I was eating (and it was hard to swallow.)  What in the heck am I doing?? I need to be practicing what I preach, and I am not. I always get annoyed when people tell me (in regards to their food storage) "it is there if I need it"
Seriously?? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard- and here I am basically doing the same thing. Prepping can help in lots of situations like a job loss or a death or sickness or divorce OR an EMP or a earthquake... there are lots of possibilities. And since I prep for the worst case I will have no electricity, and will be number 2-ing it in a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat lid attached. I will be grinding all of my wheat I will be cooking in a solar oven, and on a rocket stove. I will be gardening, and I will be using more physical energy and exertion.
I need to practice these things more. Do you?  NASA is predicting a sunburst in 2012 which will cause an EMP. This is NASA- not some crazy guy on the street corner wearing a sign strapped to him. If something were to happen could you take care of and feed your family for 6 months? 3 months? How about 2 weeks??
If we have practiced, and we can handle the physical requirements of a disaster, if we are familiar with our food storage and we know how to prepare/cook it, and we like the food and will even eat it -we will be so much better off as we try and handle the emotional and spiritual side of a disaster. I am from Oklahoma and saw a family that lost two of their little boys in the recent tornado. They have to pick up all the psychical pieces of their homes, and all the earthly possessions but also the loss of two precious children. My prayers are with them. I think resolutions are stupid. I am setting a goal to be better. Not wimping out and using my electric grinder when I should use the hand crank. Not feeding my kids macaroni and cheese because I know it wont be a fight at the table like rice and beans will. Not sitting on the couch when I could be working out. And definitely not preaching about toxins when I am eating a cupcake. I do think there is time for a cupcake, but I take that time way too much- and I am going to stop that too. There are my goals. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment