my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

He thought of everything: food preservation

 I have known for some time that eggs can be stored for up to a year in a cool dark place if you rub warm mineral oil on them and place them narrow tip facing down in an egg carton. Yes a year! Fresh eggs! I know right?! ..... Unless you already knew that and this piece of information is snoozville. I never knew why mineral oil until I read an article that said the mineral oil is imitating a protective covering that the hen puts on the egg when it is popped out How cool is that? As I have been becoming more self reliant I realize that the Lord thought of absolutely everything and He is amazing. I get to have fresh eggs. Real to goodness eggs in my pantry. Isn't it funny the things we store in the fridge that do not need to be? Mayonnaise being one of them. Aw! Eggs- I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment