my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Being cheap is greener then being green... i need to make a shirt that says that.

I hate the term "green." What is the opposite from green on the color wheel? Red? I'm Red. I don't believe in global warming or any of that crap and will stop using paper towels when Al Gore travels on South West Airlines. But I do like saving money, and after doing more laundry with my fabulous made it myself detergent, I went to unload my dishwasher. Yuck. Soap residue all over everything, and I know that those detergents are totally toxic and carcinogenic (you can hear my mother in law roll her eyes... NOW!...love you Janice)
So- I found these two recipes, and I wanted to slap my mama' they are so easy. I am excited to try them.


1 cup Washing soda
1 cup Borax
½ cup salt
½ cup citric acid

Mix together and store tightly covered in a Mason Jar. Use one tablespoon per load. Add vinegar to the rinse dispenser for the best results.



1 Tablespoon Borax
1 Tablespoon baking soda

Mix the Borax and baking soda together. Then, add to your dishwasher's detergent compartment, and run as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment