my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Les Stroud

Some of ya's might like Justin Timberlake or maybe Johnny Deep. I will admit they are nice to look at but I would take Les Stroud over those two chumps any day.
And in a survival situation some of ya's might like Bear Grylls.... but I must chime in on the Grylls vs. Stroud controversy.
My opinion: there is no comparison. Les Stroud kicks the trash out of big bear any day of the week. Besides the fact that I heard Bear got caught sleeping in a hotel suite at night when he was supposed to be out "surviving."
If I had a shirt that said "I love Les" I would totally wear it. I just wish I could shrink him and pack him in my bug out bag.
Here are five videos of Les surviving a flood in different scenarios.
A house, a car, and the work place. Les You da' man.
Watch number 1 here
watch number 2 here
watch number 3 here
watch number 4 here
watch number 5 here

Notice the normalcy bias in the woman that Les interviews who luckily survived Katrina. He asks her why she did not leave? She says that no one thought it would be that bad. Officials have warned in the past about bad floods, but it never happened.
Luckily she stayed calm, and stayed safe.
But... do not think like her and all the others. Do not get caught up in the normalcy bias thinking that nothing will happen. There are first times for everything- just like Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment