my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wallow fire


The mountains are burning in my home state and my prayers go out to those who are affected. Some areas are on pre-evacuation alert. Meaning that they could be told at any time to leave their homes, and not know if it will be there when they can finally come back. My heart just sinks to think about that, and I started to ponder about what I would take? And given the stress of the fire, and then the stress of being asked to leave- would I remember all the precious and practical things that one should take if forced to evacuate? Or would I get to where we were staying, only to remember my   great-grandmother's Bible that is tucked up in my closet?
I think I am going to make a list and keep it by my BOB. I am going to write down all of the things that I would like to have if I ever needed to leave and had a few minutes to do it, so I could grab more precious items. My great-grandmother's Bible will be one of those things.
Please pray for those going through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment