my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Friday, July 29, 2011

mountain house review.

Macaroni & Cheese - Serves 2Have you ever tried a mountain house meal? I was so busy today getting ready for a birthday party tomorrow that I forgot about lunch. I hope I am not the only person who forgets momentarily to feed her kids. Luckily my kids know how to whine, and so I grabbed this off the shelf thinking it would be fast, and a good chance to try it out.
It was easy- 2 cups boiling water in the bag and let it set for 9 minutes. My kids liked it, and it was good. Not the best mack and cheese I have ever had, but good. I could have added more cooked noodles- there was not an equal cheese to noodle ratio.
I have stocked my BOB's with MRE's just because of the convenience of the size and the fact that you don't need water. If I had to use my BOB's who is to say I would have access to boil water? For some serious camping, or food storage.... or days when you forget to feed your kids- I am liking the mountain house meals. I bought some more, and next time I crack one open I will let you know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment