my psychotic chicken little style rants and ramblings- while on the road to self reliance.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

tragic news

i received some tragic news today.
i work with the young women at my church, and today one of them passed away. she was 13.
my heart goes out to her family. my heart goes out the the other girls at church. they are so young, their faith and testimonies still growing.
they are adorable but hormonal and awkward like we all were at that age, and trying to deal with this reality that just hit them in the face.
i am sure the Lord needed her. i can't blame Him- i love her so much. i would want her home too.
i fell more mortal today then i did yesterday. with a re-newed feeling of patience and love for my family.
remembering that this life is but for a short time. i need to appreciate those around me MORE.
maybe we all need to?
i talk so much about temporal preparedness, but spiritual preparedness is just as if not more important.
preparing ourselves to meet our Savior- because as i am reminded today He might need us at any moment.
i will always love her, and i look forward to the day when i can wrap my arms around her again.
i am sure she will have found all the cute boys. she always had an eye out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment